Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Power Game

I Will Not be a Victim. I will not lay down in front of my emotions, big name companies, the social cliques at my high school. I will be in control. How many times has that been subliminally furthered in life?

After sitting in history class after history class for over 10 years, I've realized the following: Human life is a game of power. Who has it, and who is controlled by it. It isn't about money, or looks, or kindness, or even how much brain you have. It's about how fast you get to the top, and who you bring with you. And more importantly, who you leave behind to tell what to do later on. The food chain is very carefully constructed.

Jesus was a Jew, just like the kingdom he governed. Hitler controlled a bunch of those as well. How many years have the Shiites and Sunnis been battling it out over 8,000 miles from here? Their conflict isn't over religion, they don't give a crap about that, at least not anymore. They all just want power over the other party. They all just want the supposed right to tell the other guy that your God isn't as good as mine.

And I don't think, for one second, that this is bigger than I am. Everything is relevant. The power game rings true in high school, and we all know what it's like to have to kneel down to it, and then turn around and victimize someone else. It sucks, but it's necessary to thrive in this world. Whether in a heated argument, an abusive relationship, or an infomercial, it's all about domination and control.

And strangely, I think that balance is necessary to be upheld.

No comments:

Post a Comment