Thursday, July 8, 2010

Harry Potter Head

Tomorrow, I leave for New Hampshire. Yeah, that's right. This an actual blog, instead of a confusing stream of abstract ideas (because that's seemed to rear its head as my forte, one way or another). What? I can switch it up. Don't look all surprised.

Anyway, I'm actually pretty excited about it. I mean, I haven't left my one horse town at all this summer. However, I'm pretty sure I've never heard a pleasant camping story. Maybe I'll see a bear. Do they even live in New Hampshire? I hear if you come in contact with a bear, you're supposed to play dead. Who the hell came up with that? If I somehow accidentally get close enough to a bear that I can shake its freakin' hand... I'm booking it out of that shiz. Actually, I'll probably just faint... that's just as good right?

Is it terrible that one of the biggest reasons I'd rather not go is the lack of technology that will be available to me? I'm going to have to go 4 days without Facebook, without twitter, without TEXTING. Oh jeez, by Day 3 I might be the crazy kid looking for the bears. Suicide by bear. That would be a cool way to die. Except if my mom told my friends what happened to me they'd probably just laugh. Thanks, guys.

The one thing I absolutely hate about going anywhere is the packing. It skyrockets my OCD. I also get that dumb What Did I Forget feeling. Every time. Oh well, what are ya gonna do.

I really hope Megan's stitches don't come out or anything. My mom's blood pressure would have its own zip code if something like that happened. Okay sequence of events last night, circa 9:10 PM...

I'm chillin' like a villain downstairs with my dad watching TV. My mom's in the kitchen (Irony). Suddenly we hear bloodcurdling screams, one after the other. We don't even look at each other, my mom was up the stairs first, of course. My sister apparently fell off her bed and stabbed herself in the forehead with a piece of plastic. Blood is gushing out of her skull, and she's just shriek-fest. Long story short: I end up having to babysit the other kiddies while my mother and father rush her to emergency room to get 6 stitches on the outside and one on the inside of her head. They get back around 12:30. And it doesn't help that my dad is cracking Harry Potter scar jokes the entire time. She's all sad because she think she's ruined her face.

I still think it's adorable. She now hates Harry Potter. Her loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment