Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Revelations and Midterms Miseries

Sometimes, I have random revelations. Like when I realize the next morning that staying up late wasn't such a good idea and I want to bash my own head against the wall for my spur of the moment stupidity. Or when I realize that I have to inevitably face the music and change upon receiving almost all B minuses on my report card. Or when I realize that it's not about me and my own problems or revelations at all, but other people and helping them with their problems and revelations, and that, if this is true, I in turn will probably be helped with my problems and revelations and therefore we all depend on each other and the Lion King was true after all.
One of the most relevant revelations (potential tongue twister? I think so)in my life this moment is that I have never had the experience of reading Catcher in the Rye. This was recently brought to my attention upon hearing about the death of J.D Salinger (Thank you, Tom Brokaw) and I know, I know, I'm totally Michael - Jackson's - Death-ing this thing by mentioning it at all, but it's important to me as of now, so I'd like to share. Being my blog and all.
Anyway, I haven't read this seemingly magnificent entity of a novel and that is my February Resolution. I guess I have monthly resolutions now. Oky Doke. Yes. My monthly resolution is to at least start Catcher in the Rye. Done.
On a non-related note, I am truly deeply sorry for being inexplicably absent from the Blogosphere for the past couple of days as I was experiencing the social and independent breakdowns of freshmen first-time midterms. I kid you not, I literally studied more for these three tests than I have studied for anything in my entire life, and don't have much to show for it. It's not that my geometry teacher is a total nub when it comes to actual teaching. It's not even that nothing on any of the study guides (completed, studied for hours) seemed to be on the actual test. It's that somehow, I know in the recesses of my twisted and not fully developed brain that getting a 65%, a 70%, and a 76% is completely, undoubtedly, and entirely my fault. It was something I did or didn't do that needs to be not done or done next time. So yeah. That's my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment