Friday, January 22, 2010

Here Goes.

So here's the beef. I am in the midst of self discovery, as most humans ages 13 through fill - in - age - here (does it ever really end?) are. And, like all humans, I feel the need to tell people about my life. Ya know, self expression and what not. You might as well skip this one, it's nothing special. I haven't moved to South Africa or started a bizarre art collection or any of those things. It's mainly for myself. It is me.

Me, Katie. Age 15. And Katie's gonna be honest. For once, brutally honest. So often we find ourselves, or at least I do, pretending what we want to happen actually did. Rarely the case, hmm? I admit it. I am a compulsive liar. HOWEVER: This is a challenge. This blog is complete honesty. Every gory detail of it. I lie, it dies. Bottom line.

That's first of all.

Second of all, this being a recording of events, I figure I should have a goal relating not to the blog, itself, but to my life. Or what I hope my life could be like. My new year's resolution this year was to (anti-climactic drum roll, please) make my life better. Yup, that's it. I do mean every aspect of it. Exercise/Diet, relationships, grades, work ethic, you name it. I will not be a copy! I will not work at the gas station down the street (which, may I say, has an excellent Hubba Bubba gum variety).

As Davey Wavey said, rather than point fingers at other people, it's much more productive to turn attention inward, and overcome our own challenges. So yeah, that's pretty much it. Ummm... kay this is just like an intro blog thingy. I'm doing another one for today about, ya know. today.

Arite, here goes. With any luck, I will disappear in no time. --K

No comments:

Post a Comment